Understanding the Genetics of Cancer
This program will explain basic information about cancer and inherited cancer risk. It will also give you information about genetic testing for cancer risk and what to expect from a genetic counseling visit
- Overview of Cancer
- Cancer Risk
- Taking the Family History
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer
- Hereditary Colon Cancer
- Genetic Testing
- Cancer Risk Management
- Course Validation
We hope you found this online class helpful. We would like to document your participation in your electronic medical record. Please complete the short survey, which will collect your name and Kaiser medical record number. This survey will also let you request an appointment if you would like to talk with a genetic counselor. For an easy way to gather information about your family, use our family history form.
Kaiser Permanente Genetics Departments:
If you would like to contact the Genetics Department directly, please choose the nearest location from the list below.
- Fresno: (559) 324-5330
- Modesto: (866) 916-4075
- Oakland: (510) 752-6298
- Sacramento: (916) 614-4075
- San Francisco: (415) 833-2998
- San Jose: (408) 972-3300
IMPORTANT! This course is intended to be viewed in the designated sequence. Locked tabs will automatically unlock as the previous video completes.
- = Locked tabs. Each tab will unlock when you have completed viewing the entire video on the previous tab.
- = Unlocked tabs. You may return to view any unlocked tab as often as you like.
- = Current tab. This indicates which tab features the video which is currently playing or paused.